Monday, March 30, 2009

Your Reply to All Sucks

I know that Facebook and Twitter have you under the impression that people care about your day to day thoughts and activities, but sending a message meant for one person to 27 of us is uncouth.

It's very likely we are not friends. I know this because anyone one of my friends who "replies to all" on an email with something to the extent of "congratulations" or "yeah, I'll be there" has been scrubbed from my personal friendship records.

So you're happy our mutual email acquaintance graduated. I don't care. Write back to the one person who wrote to you, not the other 26 of us who happened to receive it. I do not care about your sentiment or availability. I did not ask.

What's your side project? Keeping up correspondences on myspace via the comments section?

No comments: