Sunday, March 15, 2009

The App Store Stucks

I read about the game "Go" and instead of swimming through the misery that is the iphone games selection on my phone, I go to the App Store via itunes. After twenty minutes of searching (itunes is not much better at searching and sorting than the phone) I find an app I want and buy it. It's reasonably expensive at $10.

The app downloads to my local itunes and goes wherever it goes. I don't immediately hook my phone up to it. I go over to my other mac and plug in my phone. Despite being connected to the same itunes account (a .mac account no less), my desktop and the itunes store has no idea I ever downloaded or purchased the app, so I can't install it via my desktop.

I come back to my laptop to install the game. It's not immediately obvious how to do so, but eventually I find the "Sync Applications" panel, telling itunes to sync all applications.

Itunes then proceeds to delete every application I've downloaded (free and paid) off my phone, then it installs the one.

I swear to god Apple has three smart people and they all quit sometime before the iphone came out.

As a bonus, just to show you they are ignorant douchebags, when I synch my addressbook, it asks if I want to merge or replace my contact list. Wow guys. Wow.

No comments: