Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Digital Downloads Suck

So I've got the Lady Gaga album, and it's pretty nice, but i've listened to it a lot and want to loan it to my sister.

only I can't because it's a digital download!

options:
1. Not Loan Album
2. Break Law

If you're going to charge me a similar price to an actual object, one that you had to incur costs to create and distribute, then the same capabilities should come with it. If your item is distributed and manufactured for 1/1000th of that cost (server fees), then it should cost me less since I can do less with it (legally).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes, digital downloads do suck. I bought Quicktime Pro 7 last year. Now that I have reformatted my hard drive and upgraded to Windows 7 I can't use the Quicktime Pro that I paid $30 for a year ago.

So Apple - I really have to rebuy this software everytime I upgrade my PC? Sucks!